- What is the Social Impact Consulting Fellowship?
- Key elements of the fellowship
- What does the syllabus look like?
- How do I apply?
What is the Social Impact Consulting Fellowship?
Second Day has been running the Impact Fellowship since 2019 (learn more here!) and is excited to announce its first industry-specific version of this program for social impact consulting. Just like our signature Impact Fellowship, we’ve designed a program that not only provides you with tools and training to apply for roles, but a community of support and mentorship to cheer you on along the way. This program is designed primarily for grad students, young professionals, and high-performing college seniors looking to land associate, senior associate, or consultant roles in social impact consulting.
Key elements of the fellowship
✔️ Seven weekly small group sessions conducted over video call. We’ll find a meeting time that works for each admitted class and sort conversations by seniority level and experience. We’ll also record sessions in case you have to miss one!
✔️ A customized assessment of your relevant skills + competitiveness, along with personalized recommendations for how to up-level your skills
✔️ Best practices for case interviews and exclusive materials not available on the website. Opportunities to practice your case interviewing skills and receive feedback
✔️ A chance to showcase your skills to leaders at existing social impact consulting firms
✔️Certification of completion to improve your chance of landing interviews
What does the syllabus look like?
The seven-week course will be facilitated by current and former social impact consultants at firms like Bridgespan, Dalberg, and the Centre for Public Impact. The typical syllabus outline is below:
- Understanding the landscape of social impact consulting firms
- Building the skills needed for social impact consulting + evaluating your own
- Learning the keys to success for social impact cases
- Mapping out the interview process and your target firms
- Social Impact Consulting Bootcamp to build a stronger portfolio
- Understanding career pathways, promotion, and grad school in social impact consulting (panel)
- Program round-up and creating an ongoing accountability plan
How do I apply?
We’ll launch the next cohort in the coming months when there is sufficient demand from participants for a full cohort. If you fill out this interest form, we’ll keep you updated on upcoming cohorts as they come.
Feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions!